We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Clematis are interesting plants. Recently, they are often found in flower gardens of amateur gardeners. There are many varieties of these elegant colors. One of the most beloved and popular among them is burning clematis.
Features of the plant Clematis burning small-flowered
The burning type of clematis belongs to the group of "wild", landscape varieties, which with their natural look create the impression of plants created by nature, and not masterpieces of breeders. This small-flowered clematis is studded with star-like flowers, gathered in a light cloud.
It is found in the Mediterranean, in the north of Africa, in Asia, where it has been known for more than three centuries. With us, it grows from Tver to Rostov, and rises to a height of one and a half meters.
In nature, in warm places, this tall liana reaches up to 3-5 meters. Massive cord-shaped roots secrete substances that irritate the mucous membranes of the nose and eyes. From here comes the name of the plant.
Small, up to 3 cm in diameter, flowers of clematis burning white with a greenish tint. They are collected in inflorescences and have a pleasant smell of almonds. Clematis flowering begins in July and lasts 2-3 months. On one shoot there can be from 200 to 400 flowers. The red-brown seeds of this clematis are highly decorative.
Landing and care
Agricultural technology of the plant is as follows:
- Planting clematis is carried out in early autumn or spring. The soil should be light, neutral or slightly alkaline. Before planting, you need to deeply loosen the earth, make compost, humus, mineral fertilizers.
- The pit for planting should be 60 to 60 cm. Before this, the seedling is cut off, leaving only a few buds. In the pit, half-filled with earth, establish a strong support and straighten the roots of the plant. Its root neck plunges into a depth of 10 cm.
- The seedling is abundantly watered, shaded from the bright sun, the soil around it is mulched with leaves, peat layer a few centimeters. Between plants should be at least a meter.
- The lack of sunlight is detrimental to clematis. Therefore, for plants choose a well-lit and calm place, because the wind breaks, shoots and damages the flowers.
- Clematis is a moisture-loving plant, but an excess of moisture is harmful to it, so watering is plentiful, but not too frequent. Water should fall under the root, and not on the leaves and flowers.
- Top dressing is carried out alternately with mineral and organic fertilizers once a month. With the same frequency, the plant is watered in summer with alternately weak solutions of potassium permanganate and boric acid.
- Regularly update the mulch layer.
- Also burning clematis tied up all summer.
Throughout the season, plants are constantly being cleaned of dried and broken shoots. But their autumn pruning is especially important.
- Clematis blooms mainly on new shoots, so in autumn a long and thin knife needs to be cut off its entire ground part, leaving only a couple of nodes. This clematis pruning makes it easier to care for in winter.
- After this, the plants are spudded to a height of 10-15 cm with mulch or dry earth.
- Then they are covered with a box or a layer of peat, sawdust or dry leaves.
- Complete the winter protection of plants, covering them with a film on top. In this case, leave ventilation holes on the side.
Clematis burning white: unpretentious plant
To propagate burning clematis, two methods are used:
Seeds in April are sown in open ground or in November in a greenhouse. In the second case, they emerge even without stratification in July. Seeds are sown in containers with a mixture of sand and earth (1: 2) at a distance of 5-7 cm on the soil surface. They are sprinkled with a two-centimeter layer of peat and crushed. Water the crops as necessary through a sieve.
The vegetative method is divided into the following varieties:
- division of the bush - an adult bush is dug up or dug up and divided into parts;
- layering - lateral shoots are laid in grooves up to 10 cm deep, pressed with brackets, covered with earth. Next year they can already be separated from the mother plant;
- cuttings - planted cuttings are watered with special growth stimulants such as Epin, Kornevin, etc. Soil temperature should not be lower than 18 degrees. By means of a fogging plant, constant humidity is maintained. Also, one must not allow overheating of plants with direct exposure to the sun.
Pests and diseases
Clematis is mainly affected by a fungal infection - powdery mildew, rust, gray rot, etc. Wilt is very dangerous for them. In this case, the affected shoots are to be burned, and the bush is watered with a 0.2% solution of baseazole at the root. This is done both in autumn and spring. Sometimes the entire aerial part is cut off, burning it, and the soil is treated with an antifungal solution. Healthy plants grow from new buds. If all the measures taken do not help, then the plants, together with a lump of earth, are destroyed, and the soil is watered with the same preparation.
As a rule, compliance with all the rules of agricultural planting and plant care is a good prevention against fungal diseases. If you plant calendula and marigolds near the clematis, they will shade the roots, and with a specific smell they will scare away insect pests. In addition, yellow-orange annuals effectively set off white inflorescences of clematis burning.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about how to plant the main types of girl's grapes.
Combination with other plants and application in landscape design (photo)
- Small-colored clematis are suitable for forming decorative screens - their support is hidden by lashes, and a white-green carpet of leaves and flowers soars above the ground.
- On the supports - trellis, pedestals, next to the sculpture or without any support, clematis will no longer act as a liana, but a full-fledged flowering bush or a snow-white floral carpet.
- Using a variety of supports, with its help you can create any frame, for example, entrances and windows. It can hide any walls, hedges, braid arbors, columns, trees, etc. This creates a romantic atmosphere in the garden.
Clematis burning very harmonious looks in combination with other contrasting or similar in color varieties of clematis.
Very well, they get along with bushes of lilac, mock-up, forsythia and spire. They also beautifully decorate the crowns of trees, creating a symbiosis of greenery and a lush, long flower garland on the sunlit platforms. The neighborhood of clematis and curly light roses, girl's grapes, honeysuckle, ivy looks festive.
How to plant clematis
Clematis burning - one of the most common and popular types of clematis in domestic gardening. It attracts with good frost resistance, unpretentiousness and durability, long flowering. The use of this plant in the decoration of the garden is extremely diverse, its flowers are beautiful and fragrant.