We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fans of spicy snacks can prepare Kherson-style eggplants for the winter. This dish is distinguished by the available ingredients, relative ease of preparation, mouth-watering appearance and savory taste.
The dish looks delicious and tastes great.
Kherson-style eggplants are a popular spicy appetizer that is usually prepared for the winter. According to the classic recipe, blue ones, cut into circles or slices, are fried until golden brown and placed in jars along with a spicy sauce of garlic, bell pepper, chili and vegetable oil.
In addition to the traditional recipe, there are other variations of preparing blue ones in Kherson style for the winter. Grated carrots stewed with tomato paste or chopped tomatoes are added to the composition.
It is not recommended to close the Kherson-style eggplants for the winter without sterilization, otherwise the canned food may deteriorate during storage.
Selection of vegetables
Small eggplants are better suited for harvesting. If only large specimens are available, they need to be cut into halves of circles.
It is advisable to take red bell peppers so that the finished dish acquires a beautiful bright color.
Before rolling eggplants in Kherson style for the winter, they need to be carefully examined for cracks and chips, especially for the neck. Banks with such defects should be set aside and not used.
Then the glass container should be thoroughly washed with detergents or soda. A dishwasher is a good option. Often there may be rusty streaks on the neck, which must be washed off. After using detergents, the containers must be thoroughly rinsed with plenty of water.
Attention! The jars should be sterilized a maximum of two hours before filling.
First, you need to prepare clean towels in order to put the treated containers on them with the necks down.
There are several ways to sterilize:
- In the microwave. This is a quick and easy way. Pour water (1-1.5 cm) into clean cans and put in the oven for 3-4 minutes at 800 watts. For one container, 2 minutes is enough. Do not put lids in the microwave.
- In the oven. Place containers in a cold oven upside down, set the temperature to 150 degrees and process for 10 to 25 minutes, depending on the volume of the container. Lids can also be sterilized, but without rubber seals. At the end of the process, turn off the oven, but do not take out the jars immediately, but let them cool slightly.
- Above the ferry. A simple method that requires a pot of boiling water and a wire rack (mesh, colander). A container is placed on it with the neck down. On sale there are special tools for the pan for installing cans. The process takes 5 to 15 minutes. An even easier way is to put the container on the neck of the kettle and bring the water to a boil.
- In a saucepan. Pour water into it, put the container upside down, send it to the fire, when it boils, keep it for 10-15 minutes.
It is recommended to boil metal lids together with rubber bands for at least 10 minutes.
Classic Kherson style eggplants
- eggplant - 3 kg;
- red bell peppers - 1 kg;
- chili - 2 pcs.;
- salt 1.5 tbsp. l. (additionally for sprinkling on eggplants);
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. (optional for frying);
- sugar - 1 tbsp.;
- garlic - 300 g;
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Wash the eggplants, cut into circles (about 1 cm thick) and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, stir and let stand for about 2 hours to dissipate the bitterness. Then rinse with tap water in a colander, put on a paper towel to dry.
- Fry the eggplants on both sides and transfer to a paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Remove seeds, partitions and stalks from sweet pepper.
- Peel the garlic, divide into slices.
- Do not remove the seeds from the chili, just cut the stalk.
- Turn Bulgarian pepper, chili and garlic in a meat grinder.
- Pour vegetable oil and vinegar into the resulting mass, add sugar and salt.
- Put the eggplants in a bowl, pour over the cooked marinade, mix gently.
- Arrange the appetizer in glass containers, sterilize in a saucepan with water for about 40 minutes.
- Roll up with tin lids, turn over, wrap and leave until cool.
Cooled workpieces can be removed to the pantry or cellar
Spicy eggplants in Kherson style
- eggplant - 1.5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 500 g;
- garlic - 150 g;
- sunflower oil - ½ tbsp.;
- red chili - 2 pods;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- table vinegar (9%) - ½ tbsp.;
- sugar - 100 g.
- Wash the eggplants, dry with a towel, cut into circles 8-10 mm thick.
- Fold in a bowl, salt, stir, and stand for 2 hours so that the bitterness disappears.
- Rinse the bell pepper, separate the stalk, cut into halves, remove the partitions and seeds.
- Treat the sharp red in the same way, wearing gloves.
- Divide the garlic into cloves, remove the husk from it, wash.
- Chop garlic, sweet and chili in a blender or using a meat grinder.
- Rinse the eggplants under water, put on a paper towel and let dry. Fry until golden brown.
- Combine the pepper mixture with sunflower oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl, stir, put on the fire, after boiling, cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add vinegar.
- Put the eggplant mugs in a saucepan with the sauce, mix gently. Try to see if there is enough salt.
- Sterilize cans in the oven or over steam. Processing time is about 10 minutes.
- Fill containers with snacks, cover with tin lids.
- Sterilize for about 30 minutes, then roll up.
- Cool the workpieces, covering them with a blanket, and put them in the cellar, pantry, refrigerator for the winter.
Spicy eggplant is a great snack on its own
Kherson style eggplants with carrots and tomato paste
- eggplant - 3 kg;
- bell pepper - 1 kg;
- carrots - 500 g;
- tomato paste - 50 g;
- chili in pods - 2-3 pcs.;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 250 ml;
- garlic - 300 g;
- salt - 40 g;
- vegetable oil - 250 ml;
- sugar - 250 g
- Wash the eggplants, cut into circles about 1 cm thick. Put on a bowl, cover with salt, leave for 30 minutes, then rinse under running water and dry on a paper towel.
- Fry the eggplants and roll in garlic passed through a press.
- Fry the grated carrots in the remaining vegetable oil.
- Dilute tomato paste with water in equal proportions, pour into carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Scroll Bulgarian and hot peppers in a meat grinder, add vinegar, vegetable oil and sugar, salt and mix.
- In a clean container, lay the appetizer in layers: eggplant, carrot, sauce. There must be sauce on top.
- Sterilize the jars in a large saucepan for about 30 minutes. Half-liter is enough to process 20 minutes, liter - up to 40.
- Roll up the containers with the workpiece, cool under a warm blanket or blanket upside down. Store in a cold place.
Storage terms and rules
Kherson-style eggplants, hermetically closed for the winter, can be kept at room temperature in a dry, dark place, as well as in the basement, underground, or refrigerator. The optimal time is before winter, the maximum is until the next harvest.
Important! It is not recommended to store for more than 1 year. This is especially true for workpieces with metal lids, which are located in rooms with high humidity.
Up to 2 years can be stored under glass lids.
Any novice cook can cook eggplants in Kherson style for the winter. The main thing is to strictly adhere to the technology of processing products and rolling cans.