We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tangerine jam with peel is an original delicacy that can be prepared in winter, when citrus fruits appear on the shelves in large quantities and are sold at an affordable price. Its taste is pleasant not only to adults, but also to children. And cooking fruits in a peel allows you to get the maximum amount of useful components for human health. After all, as you know, the zest contains much more vitamin C and mineral elements than the pulp of the fruit itself.
For jam, you need to choose varieties of tangerines with a thin peel.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
It is best to purchase small fruits. Spanish or Turkish mandarins are ideal. They should not have mechanical damage and signs of rot. At the stage of preparing the ingredients, they must be thoroughly washed with a brush and poured over with boiling water in order to remove the remnants of the drugs used when growing them from the peel.
After that, the fruits must be poured into an enamel container and filled with cold water so that it completely covers them. Soak in this form for 12 hours, changing the water three to four times. When finished, place the tangerines on paper towels to dry a little. And then prick each of them several times with a wooden skewer so that during cooking the syrup can flow into the fruit.
For long-term storage of jam, it is necessary to prepare jars of 0.5, 1 liter in advance. They need to be thoroughly washed and sterilized for 15 minutes. After that, it remains to choose only a suitable recipe for tangerine jam with peel, and you can get to work.
Important! For treats, only seedless citruses are suitable, as they emit bitterness during the preparation process.
How to cook tangerine jam with peel
To make the jam tasty, aromatic, all stages of the technological process must be observed. In this case, the fruit can be used whole, in halves, or twisted together with the peel. The beneficial properties of the product are not lost from this.
Whole tangerine jam with peel
According to this recipe, tangerine jam with peels should be made from whole fruits. Therefore, it is necessary to purchase small tangerines so that they can quickly soak in the syrup inside.
- 1 kg of tangerines;
- 500 g sugar;
- 5-6 pcs. carnations;
- 2 medium lemons.
- Fold the prepared tangerines into an enamel container.
- Pour water over them so that it completely covers the fruit.
- Boil the fruit for 15 minutes after boiling over low heat.
- Separately, in a saucepan, prepare the syrup in the proportion of 500 g of sugar per 1 water.
- Remove the tangerines in a colander to drain the water.
- Place them in a saucepan, add sliced lemons and cloves to them.
- Pour over the prepared syrup, simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Let the jam brew for 2 hours.
- Then gently mix the thickening mass and boil again for 15 minutes.
- Insist again for 2 hours, repeat the procedure three times.
- At the last stage, boil and put in jars while hot.
At the end of cooking, roll up the containers, turn them over and cover with a blanket. In this form, they should stand until they cool completely.
You can use cinnamon instead of cloves.
Important! When choosing sweet and sour tangerines, the lemon content in the jam must be adjusted to achieve a balanced taste.
Jam from tangerine halves with peel
Another recipe for an original delicacy. For jam from tangerine halves with peel, you need to cut the fruit across the slices.
- 1 kg of tangerines;
- 700 g sugar;
- 500 ml of water.
- Prepare syrup in a saucepan, boil it and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Fold the tangerine halves with the peel into an enamel pan.
- Pour citrus syrup and leave to saturate for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After the time has elapsed, boil for 3 minutes after boiling, and again set aside for 10 hours.
- Then take out the fruits in a separate container, and simmer the syrup for 10-15 minutes so that it thickens.
- Re-pour the fruits with them, and boil for 15 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, spread the hot jam in sterilized jars, roll up.
Important! Such a delicacy is contraindicated for people with an increased level of stomach acidity, and suffering from an ulcer.
The sweetness and thickness of the dessert can be adjusted during the preparation process
Tangerine jam with peel through a meat grinder
Using this recipe, you can make tangerine jam with the peel in a smooth paste. At the same time, the duration of the technological process is noticeably reduced.
- 400 g sweet and sour tangerines;
- 250 g sugar;
- 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice;
- 300 g of water.
- Cut the prepared citrus fruits into pieces along with the peel.
- Pass the raw materials through a meat grinder.
- Transfer the resulting mass to an enamel pan, sprinkle with sugar.
- Insist 1 hour.
- After the time has expired, put on fire.
- Add water and lemon juice, stir.
- Cook for 30 minutes after boiling.
This delicacy can be used as a filling for baking.
Important! Before serving, tangerine jam with crusts should not only cool, but also infuse for one day so that it acquires a uniform taste.
Tangerine Jam with Peel and Walnuts
Adding nuts to a treat allows you to get a more refined taste that will leave few people indifferent. You can make such a jam from tangerine halves with peels or cut the fruit into cubes.
- 1.5 kg of tangerines;
- 70 g of walnuts;
- 180 g sugar;
- 15 g of vanillin and cinnamon;
- cardamom to taste.
- Chop 2/3 of the peeled tangerines.
- Place them in an enamel pot.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining citrus and add it to the chopped fruit.
- Bring the preparation to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Set aside until it cools completely.
- Meanwhile, peel the walnuts and chop the kernels.
- Put the jam on the fire, add vanillin, cinnamon, cardamom and boil for 10 minutes.
- After that, fill in the nuts, mix gently until they are evenly distributed in the sweet mass.
- Boil the treat for 7 minutes, remove from heat.
Important! Properly prepared jam should be golden or dark amber, have a pleasant aroma and taste without bitterness.
Cut the nuts into small pieces.
Rules for storing tangerine jam
Store the final product in glass containers in the refrigerator. In this case, it is important that it is tightly closed, otherwise a foreign smell may appear. The shelf life in this form does not exceed 3 months.
For long-term storage of tangerine jam with peel, you need to lay the dessert hot on sterilized jars and roll up the lids. After this, the containers must be turned upside down and wrapped in a blanket until they cool completely. In this case, the shelf life of tangerine jam with peels is increased to two years. You can store the product in the closet, basement, terrace, balcony. Optimal conditions are temperature within + 5-25 degrees and humidity of about 70%.
Important! When storing delicacies, it is necessary to exclude the possibility of exposure to sunlight, as this will lead to premature spoilage.
Tangerine jam with peel retains most of the beneficial ingredients. Therefore, such a delicacy is especially important in the autumn-winter period and in early spring, when there is an acute lack of vitamins in the human body. But it should be understood that tangerine jam with peel should be consumed in moderation, because, like fresh citrus fruits, it can cause allergies.