We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Multicooker melon jam is a variation of the famous melon jam recipe that is made easier and faster using modern technology. The preparation of this natural and healthy delicacy does not take much time, but the finished product will leave many pleasant impressions for the hostess, her family and guests of the house.
The benefits of melon jam
Melon is not only tasty, but also a healthy product. It has a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Among them are minerals such as:
The vitamins found in melon include:
- AT 9;
Fiber, which is found in large quantities in fruits, also plays an important role. With regular consumption of fresh melon, the following beneficial changes in the body are noted:
- the regenerative function of tissues improves;
- metabolism and metabolic processes in the body are normalized;
- improves the condition of nails, hair and skin;
- the work of the nervous system is optimized.
Due to the positive effect of vitamin B9 on the nervous system and high sugar content, you can get rid of insomnia and stress. Fatigue disappears from just one cup of hot tea with a spoonful of jam.
However, during cooking, many useful substances and compounds are destroyed, so it is worth knowing how to make melon jam correctly. To do this, it is important to follow the recipe and cooking tips.
The nuances of making melon jam in a slow cooker
Melon for jam should be ripe and fragrant, but not overripe, otherwise the pieces will boil, lose their shape and appetizing appearance. For originality and beauty of the jam, you can cut the fruits with a curly knife or even a stencil, getting intricate figures.
Advice! For the beauty of color, you can add other fruits and berries to the jam that have a rich pulp color: raspberries, blackberries or strawberries. This will improve the taste of the jam and the set of useful microelements.
To preserve as many vitamins as possible, you can cook the jam according to the following scheme: cook the syrup separately, then boil the melon for 5 minutes, pour the syrup over the fruit and let it brew for several hours. After that, the jam can be boiled for another 10 minutes. This way the fruit will retain its structure and nutritional properties.
The safety and benefits of the resulting jam are just as important as the taste, so you should carefully consider the choice of utensils for cooking. Aluminum and copper pots cannot be used for making sweets, as copper destroys vitamins, and aluminum oxidizes under the influence of fruit acids and can get into the finished product. It is best to use enamelled utensils or stainless steel pots.
Important! The use of enameled dishes with damaged coating: chips, scratches, unpainted areas can be harmful to health.
In the cooking process, you should give preference to wider than deep pots. The wide bottom will help the jam cook faster and more evenly, so as not to lose the shape of the fruit and their beneficial properties.
Sugar should always be no less than 50% of the fruit mass or in a ratio of 1/1, otherwise the delicacy will not be stored for a long time, but will quickly turn sour. However, there should always be more fruit than sugar, and not vice versa.
The classic slow cooker melon jam recipe includes the following ingredients:
- melon - 1 kg;
- sugar - 700 g;
- lemon - 1 piece.
If desired, you can add more lemon or cinnamon, in the absence of lemon it can be replaced with citric acid, then 2 teaspoons will be enough.
Step-by-step recipe for making jam
To prepare a delicacy in a multicooker, you need to follow these steps:
- Grate thoroughly washed lemon to obtain a zest, then squeeze out the juice. The pulp can also be used to make the taste and smell richer.
- The zest and juice must be mixed in a multicooker bowl with sugar with the addition of two glasses of water, stir until the sugar dissolves. The multicooker must be switched to the "Cooking" mode for 30 minutes and wait for the syrup to boil.
- The melon should be rinsed, peeled and cut into small cubes, poured into boiling syrup and left there until boiling again. After that, the multicooker can be switched to the "Stew" mode and cook the jam for another 30 minutes. After the end of the regime, the jam can be left to infuse for 3-4 hours, then roll it up in sterile jars.
The jam can take longer to cook depending on the ripeness of the melon, but remember that the longer it is cooked, the less benefit remains.
Melon orange jam recipe
Melon goes well with citrus fruits, namely orange. The taste of the jam becomes brighter and more varied. This recipe can also be prepared in a multicooker.
For the recipe you will need:
- melon - 1 kg;
- orange - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 0.7 kg;
- vanillin - 5 g.
- Thoroughly washed melon must be peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Peel the orange and cut into cubes the same size as the melon. The zest can also be used as a flavoring agent.
- All fruits need to be folded into a multicooker bowl, covered with sugar, and vanillin added. Put the multicooker on the simmering mode and cook for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. In order not to destroy the structure of the fruit, not to crush them, you can stir gently with a wooden spatula and no more than once every 10 minutes.
- After the end of the regime, it is necessary to let the jam cool, but not to the end, in order to pour it warm into sterile jars.
In addition to vanillin, ground sesame seeds will well set off the taste of melon. They can be added 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
Melon jam with banana
- melon - 1 kg;
- bananas - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 0.7 kg;
- lemon - 2 pieces.
- The peeled melon should be cut into cubes, put in a slow cooker and covered with sugar. During this time, you can slice the bananas into thin rings.
- Squeeze 1 lemon, remove the zest from it, add to the melon and cook in a slow cooker in the "Stew" mode for 1 hour.
- After half an hour, you can add a banana to the melon, the second lemon can be cut into thin half rings and also put in a slow cooker. The mass must be stirred periodically until the end of the regime. Ready jam can be infused for another hour, then poured into sterilized jars.
The amount of fruit can be more than indicated in the recipe, the main thing is that the mass of sugar is not less than half of the mass of the fruit. Then the jam will last longer and will not deteriorate.
Terms and conditions of storage
When rolled up, the jam is stored for up to a year; it should be kept in a dark, cool place. The term may be shortened depending on the amount of added sugar: the less sugar, the shorter the term. Citric acid can be added to the jam as an additional preservative.
Melon jam in a slow cooker can be prepared in several ways: it all depends on the skill and imagination of the hostess. The main thing is that the melon is combined with almost any fruit or berry and fills cold winter days with its honey color.