We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Red currant with garlic for the winter is a tasty and healthy addition to main dishes. Snack recipes are simple and easy to use.
The benefits of garlic with red currants
A distinctive feature of garlic is its unique taste and smell, as well as nutritional and medicinal properties. The value of the bulbous plant is preserved even in canned form. In combination with red currants, the use of a pickled product has the following effect on the body:
- activates the immune system;
- strengthens bone tissue;
- has antimicrobial effect;
- reduces blood clotting;
- accelerates the removal of secretions from the respiratory tract;
- cleanses the body of toxins;
- stimulates the secretion of gastric juice;
- improves bowel and kidney function;
- prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques.
The pickled product contains much less vitamins. But even in this form, it has a positive effect on the functioning of the thyroid gland and heart.
Attention! People with chronic stomach ailments should use pickled garlic with caution. In excessive quantities, such a product causes digestive problems.
Pickled garlic with red currant recipes
Recipes for preserving garlic cloves and heads are inexpensive as they use the ingredients on hand. The cooking process is quick and easy.
In garlic pickling, red currants play the role of a natural preservative. It makes the preparation tastier and more fragrant. For this, whole fruits are used in the preparation, it is possible with twigs, squeezed currant juice.
A simple recipe for red currants with garlic for the winter
A simple pickling option involves using a red berry with branches, which gives the preparation a special taste. For canning, you need the following ingredients:
- garlic heads - 2 kg;
- purified water - 1 l;
- red currant berries - 500 g;
- citric acid - 1 tsp;
- salt - 3 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tsp
The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- Clean the garlic heads from dirt, fill with cool water and leave for a day.
- Sterilize banks.
- Wash bunches of red currants with garlic under running water.
- Put the vegetable crop with red berries in sterilized jars in layers.
- Prepare the marinade: bring water with sugar, salt and citric acid to a boil.
- Pour boiling marinade over the containers.
- Put the cans on a pallet and ferment for 3 days.
- At the end of the fermentation process, roll up the workpiece with lids and put it in the cold.
After canning, some varieties of garlic acquire a blue or green tint, but this does not affect the taste.
Garlic marinated in red currant juice
The billet has a richer taste due to the use of freshly squeezed currant juice in the recipe. During conservation, the following proportions must be observed:
- garlic heads - 1 kg;
- berry juice - 250 ml;
- water - 1 l;
- vinegar - ½ cup;
- salt - 30 g;
- sugar - 30 g
- Separate the chives from the husk and wash under cold water.
- Dip a colander with garlic cloves for 2-3 minutes in a container with boiling water, then wash again.
- Put the product in pre-sterilized jars.
- Prepare syrup for pouring: boil water with granulated sugar and salt.
- Add table vinegar to the marinade.
- Fill the jars with hot marinade and roll up.
Marinade with red currant juice has a sour taste. To soften such properties, add spices - cloves, coriander, dill umbrellas or reduce the amount of vinegar.
Ginger garlic with red currant
The addition of ginger to the preservation enhances its pungency and piquancy. In preparation, both heads and chives are used. This is not reflected in the taste.
For cooking, you will need the following products:
- garlic heads (large) - 5-6 pcs.;
- currant fruits - 250 g;
- ginger roots - up to 100 g;
- wine vinegar - 1 glass;
- water - 300 ml;
- salt - 30 g;
- granulated sugar - 30 g.
To prepare conservation, you must follow the following steps:
- Separate and wash the garlic cloves.
- Separate the red currant fruits from the branches and rinse them.
- Wash and dice the skinned ginger roots.
- Put red berries and ginger in sterilized jars.
- Prepare the marinade: boil water with sugar and salt.
- Boil the garlic cloves in a boiling marinade for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vinegar to the mixture.
- Pour the hot garlic marinade evenly into the jars and roll up.
Important! Boil garlic cloves in a boiling marinade for no more than 5 minutes, otherwise they will lose their elasticity.
Garlic with apple cider vinegar and red currant
Apple cider vinegar differs from table vinegar in a milder action and an unusual taste. To prepare 1 liter of the workpiece, the following proportions are used:
- garlic - up to 300 g;
- water - up to 1 liter;
- currant juice - 1 glass;
- apple cider vinegar - 50 ml;
- granulated sugar - 60 g;
- salt - 30 g.
- Pour the peeled garlic cloves with hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: dissolve sugar, salt, red currant juice and vinegar in water.
- Arrange the garlic cloves in jars, pour the prepared solution and sterilize.
- Roll up the containers tightly, turn them upside down.
When preparing the pot for conservation, it is better to use cold water. Indeed, during sterilization, the marinade must be boiled for up to 10 minutes.
Pickled garlic with red currant
The preparation of preservation according to this recipe is quite simple. The finished product can be obtained only after 1-1.5 months.
- water - 0.5 l;
- currant juice - 1 glass;
- garlic heads - 1 kg;
- sugar - ½ cup;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l.
In preparation, you need to observe the following sequence:
- Peel the garlic heads from the upper husk, leave in cold water overnight.
- Place the garlic in sterilized containers.
- Prepare the brine: dissolve sugar, salt in water, add currant juice with vinegar.
- Pour jars of garlic with prepared brine, leave for fermentation at a temperature of +15 to + 20 ° С.
Cold boiled water is used to prepare the brine. In the recipe, you can add spices to taste: pepper, bay leaf, coriander.
What to serve with pickled garlic with red currants
Pickled garlic is a good addition to the festive table. This product stimulates the appetite and speeds up the digestion of food. Therefore, it is combined with meat or vegetable dishes, as a spicy addition. It is used in the preparation of pizza and salads.
Pickled garlic cloves are often used as an independent snack. Their use will be especially useful in winter to maintain immunity in the fight against seasonal diseases.
Terms and conditions of storage
Unlike fresh, canned garlic is stored longer - up to 2 years. The marinated product, which has passed the sterilization process and hermetically sealed, is stored in a dark place at a temperature from 0 to + 15 ° C with a relative humidity of no more than 75%. In such cases, conservation is placed in closets, small closets or basements.
Fermented foods are best stored at a temperature of + 5 ° C. If the product has not been sterilized during the cooking process, it is placed in a refrigerator or other cool room.
Red currants with garlic for the winter have several cooking options that differ in flavoring shades. Such an unusual appetizer will not only diversify the diet, but will also be healthy in the cold seasons.